On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:09:58 -0700
Jason Gunthorpe <jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 06:00:51PM -0700, Hefty, Sean wrote:
> > > Can we at least agree on the usage of these structures first? Are the
> > > constants going to be in host or network byte order?
> >
> > I was simply suggesting to 'move' some of the existing structures and
> > defines.
>
> But they are horrible and little used outside opensm right now, you
> really want to commit to that forever?

Not everything is horrible.  And if it is we can fix it.  But I think
defining "yet another" header with the same functionality is worse.  Like it or
not ib_types is there.  If you don't remove/fix it, someone will find it and use
it.  How does that make things cleaner just because there is something "clean"
somewhere else?  Someone will find ib_types use it.  I still feel this is the
best first step at getting rid of ib_types.h (at least as it currently stands).

Ira

--
Ira Weiny
Math Programmer/Computer Scientist