> >  libibnetdisc/src/ibnetdisc.c |    2 +-
> >  src/ibportstate.c            |    4 ++--
> >  2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> >  mode change 100644 => 100755 libibnetdisc/src/ibnetdisc.c
> >  mode change 100644 => 100755 src/ibportstate.c
>
> A minor nit: is this mode change really necessary ? (I know Visual
> Studio does enable the execute bit without asking.)

No - these mode changes should not be there.  I removed them further down in
the patch, but missed it here.  I modified the files using Eclipse from a
Windows system.  Maybe there's some setting that I missed.

Ira, please let me know if you want me to generate a new patch.

> Has it been considered to disable the MSVC warnings about possible
> truncation instead of inserting a cast ? MSVC generates such warnings
> while gcc does not.

The entire windows tree is built using the WinDDK compiler.  I haven't found a
way to disable that warning that works.  Since the warning is real, an explicit
cast at least lets someone reading the code know that the author took
truncation into account.

- Sean