On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:03:24PM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
> > It supresses a warning, warnings are not build failures.
>
> Actually, on windows the build fails.  No executables are built.

Seriously? I hope this is because you've got the warnings are errors
flag set..

> mad_[get|set]_field[8|16|32] should work fine.  But those are
> exported from ibmad, which would require ib-diags to either check
> for them as a requirement or implement them if not found.

Everyone using ibmad on windows should have this problem, so fixing
ibmad seems proper to me.. Tag the no-size ones with deprecated and
you will no longer have this problem in your Windows porting efforts
because all the Linux compilers will complain.