On 10/6/2015 9:49 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 10/06/2015 01:37 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
I see now the error you are referring to.

The issue is that the device requires the MR page array to have
an alignment (0x40 for mlx4 and 0x400 for mlx5). When I modified the
page array allocation to be non-coherent I didn't take care of
alignment.

Taking care of this alignment may result in a higher order allocation
as we'd need to add (alignment - 1) to the allocation size.

e.g. a 512 pages on mlx4 will become:
512 * 8 + 0x40 - 1 = 4159

I'm leaning towards this approach. Any preference?

I think this patch should take care of mlx4:
[ ... ]

Hello Sagi,

Thanks for the patch. But since the patch included in the previous
e-mail mapped a memory range that could be outside the bounds of the
allocated memory I have been testing the patch below:

Thanks! I correct the patches.

Can I take it as your Tested-by on srp?

Cheers,
Sagi.