So I had some time to go back and look at the 4.3 failures.  They
fail when srp_fr_pool_get called from srp_map_idb through
srp_map_finish_fr fails with -ENOMEM, and go away with
register_always=N.  Looks like the additional FR for the indirect
buffer isn't accounted anywhere.

To me this sounds like another argument to just allocate one FR
per request and don't allow non-contiguous SGLs.

Also note that 4.4-rc  prefer_fr=y register_always=n
!register_always still blows up badly with XFS and ext4 due to
data integrity errors.