On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 05:26:28PM +0200, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
No. register_always=Y is already broken in 4.3, but register_always=N is
now also broken in 4.4.

OK, I'm confused so please let me understand slowly :)

Your patch "ib_srp: initialize dma_length in srp_map_idb" solves
the register_always=Y dma_length = 0 WARN_ON() on 4.4-rc, does it solve
the data integrity errors too?

No, it doesn't.

This code path is specific to srp because all other ULPs guarantee
no-gaps...

Yes.  Life would be simpler if we could just set the virt_boundary
on SRP, and Bart has indicated that he's willing to at least looks at
this for the next merge window.

Hello Christoph,

Tomorrow I will try to reproduce this behavior on my test setup. I prepared a setup with kernel v4.4-rc2 and on which the SRP initiator and target are running on the same server. Tomorrow I will install xfstests and see whether these tests pass fine against an XFS filesystem.

Bart.