On 10/17/14 13:01, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 03:07:17PM +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
+       /*
+        * Avoid that the SCSI error handler tries to use this channel after
+        * it has been freed. The SCSI error handler can namely continue
+        * trying to perform recovery actions after scsi_remove_host()
+        * returned.
+       ch->target = NULL;

Do you have a reproducer for that?  I think we should fix the root
cause.

Hello Christoph,

The above assignment statement has been reported to fix a kernel oops that could be triggered by cable pulling. Regarding fixing the root cause: some time ago I had posted a patch series that makes scsi_remove_host() wait until all error handler callback functions have finished and also that prevents that any new error handler function calls are initiated after scsi_remove_host() has finished (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.scsi/82572/focus=87985). Should I repost that patch series ?

Bart.