On 10/18/19 10:24 AM, zhengbin wrote:
> v1->v2: modify the comments suggested by Bart
> v2->v3: fix bug in sr_do_ioctl
> v3->v4: let "fix bug in sr_do_ioctl" be a separate patch
> v4->v5: fix uninit-value access bug in callers, not in __scsi_execute
>
> zhengbin (13):
>   scsi: core: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     scsi_report_opcode
>   scsi: core: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     scsi_test_unit_ready
>   scsi: core: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     scsi_report_lun_scan
>   scsi: sr: need to check the result of scsi_execute in sr_get_events
>   scsi: sr: need to check the result of scsi_execute in sr_do_ioctl
>   scsi: scsi_dh_emc: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     send_trespass_cmd
>   scsi: scsi_dh_rdac: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     send_mode_select
>   scsi: scsi_dh_hp_sw: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     hp_sw_tur,hp_sw_start_stop
>   scsi: scsi_dh_alua: need to check the result of scsi_execute in
>     alua_rtpg,alua_stpg
>   scsi: scsi_transport_spi: need to check whether sshdr is valid in
>     spi_execute
>   scsi: cxlflash: need to check whether sshdr is valid in read_cap16
>   scsi: ufs: need to check whether sshdr is valid in
>     ufshcd_set_dev_pwr_mode
>   scsi: ch: need to check whether sshdr is valid in ch_do_scsi
>
>  drivers/scsi/ch.c                           | 6 ++++--
>  drivers/scsi/cxlflash/superpipe.c           | 2 +-
>  drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh_alua.c  | 6 ++++--
>  drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh_emc.c   | 3 ++-
>  drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh_hp_sw.c | 6 ++++--
>  drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh_rdac.c  | 8 +++++---
>  drivers/scsi/scsi.c                         | 2 +-
>  drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c                     | 3 +++
>  drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c                    | 3 ++-
>  drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_spi.c           | 1 +
>  drivers/scsi/sr.c                           | 3 ++-
>  drivers/scsi/sr_ioctl.c                     | 6 ++++++
>  drivers/scsi/ufs/ufshcd.c                   | 3 ++-
>
> --
> 2.7.4

Nope.

The one thing which I patently don't like is the ambivalence between
DRIVER_SENSE and scsi_sense_valid().
What shall we do if only _one_ of them is set?
IE what would be the correct way of action if DRIVER_SENSE is not set,
but we have a valid sense code?
Or the other way around?

But more important, from a quick glance not all drivers set the
DRIVER_SENSE bit; so for things like hpsa or smartpqi the sense code is
never evaluated after this patchset.

I _really_ would prefer to ditch the 'DRIVER_SENSE' bit, and rely on
scsi_sense_valid() only.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   Teamlead Storage & Networking
h...@suse.de                                      +49 911 74053 688