--- Stephen Smalley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 08:54 +0900, Kazuki Omo(Company) wrote:
> > Dear, Sir,
> >
> > Sorry for my poorly English. I've just wanted to make sure the process
> > how can we put other security model to mainline.
> > I guess the steps are
> >
> > 1. put patch to lsm-ml/lkm-ml and related ml.
> > 2. debate(I guess AppArmor is now on this stage)
> > 3. .....I don't know
> >
> > Form last year, I saw some of patches were put to lsm-ml(stage1),
> > and there were so many debate(stage2). But just debate... and
> > not included to mainline. I want to know what do they need to
> > put new-model to stage3.
>
> In the discussion of the bsdjail security module back in 2004, Andrew
> Morton indicated that acceptance of any new code into mainline requires
> that it have a real user base:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=109717928411882&w=2

Stephen, you have got to keep up with your email. I didn't
think you were that far behind!

Andrew's more current position, from Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:47:00:

"Sigh.  Please don't put us in this position again.  Get stuff upstream
 before shipping it to customers, OK?  It ain't rocket science."

Casey Schaufler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
linux-security-module" in