Chris,

Glade is a little different to use...

You need to use the 'vertical box', 'Horizontal box' and 'table' to layout
your GUI, each table/boxes cell can be ONE widget, or another group of
tables. Effectively you layout a grid of cells where you want your widgets to
be, then drop in the widgets.

Alternatively you can place a 'Fixed Postions' box and drop widgets onto it
where you want.

I was originally looking at doing this... and had started some projects... but
then I found the FLTK Library, which is really easy to use, and is cross
platform.  see www.fltk.org

Alternatively, if you can wait till about the 14th of next month, Kylix 3 (The
C/C++ version as well as Delphi (Pascal) ) should finally be avaliable for
download (I will be downloading and evaluating it)

Mike.