On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 22:42, Chris Hellyar wrote:
> Any Glade users in the house?
Yup.  I coded a few programs in the Python/GNOME/Gtk+/Glade combo.  Some
of them are even used by people :)

> I've just had a bit of a play with it, as I'm considering porting an App
> I wrote for windows in Visual C a while ago to Linux, and I have this
> minor problem..
Ahhh packing models.  Rather than go into a (lengthy) email on packing
I'll point you to a lab' that I wrote on writing GUIs in Gtk+.
        http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/ACMchapter/club/compute02/
The sixth lab "Gui  Programing" is the one you want.  All the code is in
Python, but the principal is the same across languages.

> I'm sure I've missed the obvious, it's just that it's not, obvious that is.
Na, packing is not obvious to a Windows user, but it makes sense to
someone who has coded in Tk, Motif, or Java :)
--
Michael JasonSmith      http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~mpj17/