>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>This reminds me, Gentoo ebuilds are flexible enough to build directly from
CVS without changing the user commands (I expect this is how E17 is packaged).
>In my one brief look at Debian I got the impression that .deb files are
scattered to the four corners of the net, and just finding where they are
located is a hassle.  Is this true or me being naïve?  Gentoo is still young
enough that there is really only one main tree & one totally
>out there tree (at breakmygentoo.net)

Just you being naieve? :)
All official packages can be found on, surprise surprise, debian.org

If there are 3rd party packages around too... well... how is this a problem?
Nobody's forcing you to use them ;-)

For the official packages, just like any other distro, there is one main
source. There are of course mirrors of that, but since when are mirrors bad?

Cheers,
Gareth