I have had hundreds of interviews this year, so I've become quite the expert at getting to the top of the list (just don't ask me how to have a successful interview).

The most important thing is not the CV, it's the covering letter (often the contents of the email, with the Word/PDF CV attached). Some people don't even look at your CV!

The art of the covering letter is to make your skills and experience match what was asked for in the advertisement. Perfectly. Don't lie, just be positive! I think my problem is that I'm great at making myself look wonderful on paper, then my social ineptitudes make me fail at the interview stage (I become shy and reserved and curl up into my shell). Perhaps I should drink more caffeine before interviews?

Gareth.