Join a toastmasters club.

I'm serious.

I joined one this year, and have found it very useful to work on the
sort of "social ineptitudes" common to geeks. The club I go to,
Woolston toasmasters club, meets on Monday evenings, but there's about
20 or more around Christchurch if the time/venue don't suit. Check out
www.toastmasters.org.nz for more details. Perhaps if we get some geeks
along to a toastmasters club we can have more (and better quality)
presentations at CLUG meetings.

Cheers,
Carl.