Hi,

> sux -
>
> will give you the ability to run X apps.
>
> However i thought that all kelvyn wanted to do was edit httpd.conf. You
> don't need any X tools to do that. Thats why i suggested using su.

Agreed - he does not need to run X tools for what he wants.
 But not quite. many people feel more comfortable running gui editors
than ones like vi/emacs/pine etc.

Agreed also that ssh may not work cause there is no ssh server running.
However, one is always aware that people will read our answers, and
attempt to apply them to their problem (which will be different to
Kelvyn's problem.)

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                 Any fool can write code that
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                a computer can understand.