<snip>

>There's nothing in the T&C about announcing outages, so there's no reason
>to expect any notification.  In fact the only thing they say they will send
>to you is an account for services used.

There used to be an option to subscribe to such announcements before they
became part of a large corporate entity that couldn't give a fig and
their 'service' dropped to a level so very much lower than it was when
they were (in my opinion) the best damned ISP on the planet (which they
sure as heck aren't these days, cable or no cable!)