On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 11:52, Nick Rout wrote:

> So you don't know that it has been hacked, merely that it is not
> working. By the way, what do yo umean "not working". What is and isn't
> it doing?

The users screen no longer shows any users.

The proxy died.

The web server died.

The mail system seems to have issues.

Either way it's not doing what it was meant to be doing and I don't
recall doing anything to it myself that would have caused these issues.

> That is NOT a sign that it has been hacked. All machines on the internet
> receive connection attempts.

Hummm.... I just smell a rat.  Call me paronid but it all looks to sus
that one second everythings going the next it's not.

Either that or the software is really unstable, but I don't think that's
the case because lots of other people use this stuff all the time
without issues.

I know that my root password wasn't very secure and my other two user
accounts were even less secure.

Cheers Don
--
Don Gould