Take it from me, you're absolutely right.  I once threatened the Editor to
take the Press to the Press Council over their one-sided approach to a
certain conflict, and since he paid no attention, I did.  Since the Press
Council upheld his absurd argument that devoting 85 percent of the coverage
to one group on one side of a complex conflict, was "fair coverage", I've
kind-of written them off - except for occasional flashes of briliance like
that recent article about Olver Sacks, author of "The man who mistook his
wife for a hat", etc.

I think the graceless degradation of quality occured after the Fairfax
buy-out.

Just my 0.02c

Wesley Parish

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 13:44, stringer wrote:
> Don't believe everything you read in the paper - its often wrong - I should
> know!!
>
> The Press used to be good paper once - not any more, in my opinion.
>
> At 12:59 11/12/07 +1300, you wrote:
> >Read it in The Press this morning. Made my blood boil.
> >Must.....calm....down.....before.....emailing.....Dave Thompson!
> >
> >On Tue, December 11, 2007 12:39 pm, Michael Fincham wrote:
> > > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4319987a11275.html
> > >
> > > What do we make of this one? ;)
> > >
> > > --
> > > -Michael Fincham
> > > Unleash Technology Solutions
> > > www.unleash.co.nz
> > > Phone: 0800 750 250
> >
> >--
> >Nick Rout
>
> D J H STRINGER
> Barrister
>
> For all your legal work;
>
> P O Box 1386
> CHRISTCHURCH
> NEW ZEALAND
>
> Phone 64 - 3 - 366 1152
> FAX   64 - 3 - 366 1151

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?