Hi

I agree that ignoring it is not the right thing to do.

Also, best to pitch it in that the article was one sided and that we are providing the otherside of the story. The media has an obligation to be fair in the treatment of its topics - knows it and is a little sensitive in that area (not sensitive to complaints though). Also a constructive approach also works best - adding value to their readership.

Also, it is simple to get around his point of linux users always having a 'pat' answer - don't mention Linux... I have a windows partition and apart from a few games and the OS itself, is pretty much 100% open source.

Happy to draft something. Might need some review - any takers for review?

Regards

Graeme Kiyoto-Ward

stringer wrote:
And proving his point about Linux people always having a 'pat' answer to everything?

Maybe better NOT to knock him, but to offer them a pre-written article on the advantages of Open Source software (including pictures etc) which does not knock the opposition (MS) but simply states the obvious - theres a free solution for most things, which are sometimes inferior, often as good, and sometimes better than the paid 'alternative'. :-)