2008/11/3 Volker Kuhlmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Mon 03 Nov 2008 10:30:43 NZDT +1300, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
>
>> Don't forget that Google is in Uncle Sam's jurisdiction.
>
> ... And has a rather questionable privacy record.
>
>> Don't put anything there which might, even conceivably, get one of
>> their numerous Three Letter Acronyms over excited, or which could
>> cause you embarrassment later in life if viewed by others.
>
> I would regard those bonus points for encryption as mandatory.

Trouble is that encryption is a red-rag to a bull wrt the TLAs and
would definitely get them 'over excited'.

My suggestion is to ask your school to let you cut / burn a CD-R of your files.
If they refuse to, or are too witless to be able to, then a stout
'Please explain' letter to the school's Board of Trustees is in order.

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell