On 20/02/09 Roger Searle wrote:
 Hi, over the last month or so I have experienced increasing problems
 getting the wireless connection to connect.  This is an ubuntu 8.04
 with gnome, network manager 0.6.6.  Only changes have been any
 updates via apt-get update/upgrade.  Connections are to 2 separate
 wrt54gl routers (home, work), set up essentially the same.   I know
 they function OK based on other laptops connecting without issue.

Same thing here, but not limited to GNOME. I have now had to revert to
GNOME completely because KDE4.2 is completely failing to bring up
network connections. GNOME is bad but can actually do it if I retry long
enough. I have 75% signal. My OLPC shows only 2 other wifi nodes nearby,
my Linux laptop does not see them as it is closer to ground level :)

Vik :v)