This is also the experience I'm having with 8.04 - so is not limited to 8.10. Unfortunately this could end up being a show stopper if it gets worse, not sure I can have ethernet cables across the lounge for too long (waf), hopefully jaunty has it "sorted".

btw are others seeing list weirdness today? my original post (and one I consequently sent a second time) haven't come through, nor has Vik's reply . . .

Nick Rout wrote:
Yes network manager has improved, but I find now that I am asked for
my encyption password each time I log on (or is it reboot?) whereas on
8.04 it joined up to the wireless on login.