Well, for what it's worth, it's not getting any better; and I have disproved a
couple of contentions of the amateurs I've talked to so far at Telecom and
Paradise.net.nz - I've used the second jackpoint in the flat, and it's still
falling over like a drunk with half a keg of vodka inside of him; and I've
just upgraded the PC - and the connection's still falling over like
aforementioned drunk.

I'm starting to think I deserve broadband purely on the demerits of Telecom's
performance, as compensation for Telecom's lack thereof.

At any rate, having to open ten tabs of slashdot to guarantee getting even
one, is a bit much.

And if I have to use a 526k DSL thingee to solve the problems with a dial-up
connection - at a measly 5k6 (if I'm lucky) - perhaps the problem isn't with
me.

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Wesley Parish wrote:
> I'm just wondering if there are any for Linux, that I could use to get hard
> copy of actual voltage and amperage levels on my Internet connection via
> Telecom's oh-so-wonderful lines.
>
> They cycle from useable to useless in between half=a=minute to a quarter of
> an hour, and I'd like to document that.  I may well decide to start a
> class-action suit against Telecom for defrauding the general public, and
> having hard evidence is likely to be vitally important.
>
> Oh, and by the way, Google is indeed my friend in this - when Telecom's
> lines permit me to ask.  Telecom's mastered the art of punishing people for
> preferring to use someone else, after it mastered the art of punishing them
> for using Telecom.
>
> Wesley Parish

-----
George Kelischek - "To impress those high-tech computer types,
tell them what an Ocarina really is:
an animal-activated-solid-state-multi-frequency-sound-synthesizer."
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?