2009/11/26 Jim Cheetham <j...@gonzul.net>

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Christopher Sawtell <csawt...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Has anybody got Skype ( ver. 2.1.0.47 ) video to work on (K)ubuntu Kosmic
> > Koala ( or what ever it is that they are callling the 9.10 version - I
> > forget ) ?
> > My logitech webcam used to work with earlier Kubuntus, but now all I get
> is
> > a grey background.
>
> My logitech quickcam pro 9000 works just fine out of the box with Ubuntu
> 9.10.

iirc My webcam is a Logitech 3500. ( usb id number:- 046d:09a4 )

Not much to say, really :-)

Well, I have now discovered ( Thanks Robert ) that the camera works ok. It's
the display of camera output on the options -> video devices window which is
not working. Click the Test bar, the camera indicator LED lights, but
nothing shows up in the place where a little picture is supposed to be
displayed. Double click on the Test bar and the whole screen goes light
grey.

This is on a T41 ThinkPad. ATI vid card.

More help solicited.

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell