On Friday 14 November 2008 17:48:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a crystal eye webcam (064e:a101 Suyin Corp.) with my Acer
> Aspire 5920 webcam. I'm experiencing the problem mentioned in this
> thread:
>
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/linux-uvc-devel/2008-June/003568.html
>
> (first time it doesn't work, but turns on the light, second time it
> works, then it doesn't, then it works...)
>
> Applying that patch to my ubuntu's 8.10 kernel (2.6.27) made the
> webcam work everytime, at least with luvcview. (I still get some
> freezes with 'cheese', though). But there is no mention on the thread
> if that patch is going to be integrated with the trunk, or if it is
> harmful. So, this mail is to ask, what's the status of that patch? It
> seems to work for me.
>
> Or, how can I help with the testing at least?

You already have done - I've been using this with 2.6.22.18-vendorpatched
since I made my original post, but I have not had a chance to test with a
recent kernel. (Life's been crazy busy...)

I've been using this happily however in:
   * Skype
   * luvcview
   * Pygame's experimental camera support

As noted though, I haven't been able to test with a more recent kernel due to
a lack of sufficient time, but I think your experience above matches mine.
(I've not got the "cheese" application, so I don't know if that's an issue
localised to you or not)

Regards,

Michael.
--