On 20.09.2011 22:34, Pitt, Jason N wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I have a ubuntu 11.04 machine that I'm trying to capture 12 usb webcam feeds
> on.  The webcams are split over 3 pcie usb cards and the motherboards's usb
> controller.  I'm encountering instability using both streamer and guvcview.
> I can get all 12 streams running but eventually one dies (in a minute or so)
> and then about 3 more die as well...leaving me with 7 or 8 stable streams.
> What is the limitation?  The guvcview error is:
>
> Could not grab image (select timeout): Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> which is repeated repeatedly....
>

> the streamer error is:
> v4l2: oops: select timeouts
>
> this usually only effects one or two cameras
>

> with both programs dmesg yields:
>
> [ 5330.048166] uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-27).
> [ 5330.048174] uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-27).
> [ 5330.048178] uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-27).
> [ 5330.048183] uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-27).
> [ 5330.048188] uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-27).
>

> I only need to capture an image from every camera every 2.4 seconds, if
> someone can provide me a good work-around I'd appreciate it!

Hi,
usb controller or usb device is usually responsible URB errors.
-27 is th error number. You can find it in
include/asm-generic/errno-base.h
27 is EFBIG in this case,
then in Documentation/usb/error-codes.txt
you can find description of this error.
"-EFBIG  Host controller driver can't schedule that many ISO frames."

I currently do not know if usbcore itself do not allow so many ISO
frames, or only one controller can't handle it. Are there any system in
this error? I mean do cams day on one controller or only one per controller?

Regards,
Alexey