Becky Bruce wrote:

On Oct 22, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Matt Sealey wrote:

Yeah so I saw BookE and e500 stuff go past but nothing specific for e600/XAEN. I mailed Becky and got no response. I'm glad to know it's in there though, somewhere.

Huh? I have one mail from you, on Sep 1, to which I responded on Sep 2. Was there another mail I missed, or did you not see my response? Freescale's mail server is unreliable, and since I'm not in the habit of ignoring emails, feel free to nag me anytime if you send me something and don't get a response.

Between Freescale's mail server and the trouble we're having with Google right now (along with thousands of others), I am NOT surprised it got lost somewhere along the way.

I wasn't bitching :)

Just so it has been asked, do you know in a broad sense what it would take to add the non-contiguous memory mapping support? Doesn't ppc64 already have this?

PPC64 has SPARSEMEM support, IIRC. It's non-trivial to add for 32-bit, although I haven't scoped it out in any detail.

Okay, non-trivial was pretty much what I was looking for, I was just trying to weigh up how much effort is required..

If you actually scope it out in any detail or someone has some 10% time and decides this would be an awesome project, give me a nudge? My MPC8641D is itching to actually do something besides build packages. Actually having 8GB of memory would REALLY help run SUSE Build Service :]

--
Matt Sealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations