On Mon Feb 03, 2003; 12:48PM +0000 Edward Brocklesby propagated the following:
> On Monday 03 February 2003 7:27 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > having finer granularity doesn't necessarily mean that it would be used to
> > have notify interval shorter than 60 seconds. it would also allow notify
> > intervals of, for example, 90 seconds. there still might be a lower limit
> > of 60 seconds.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the impression I got from nsx on IRC and in his
> mail was that he wanted a notify interval of less than 60 seconds, which is
> what I'm discussing here.

You are correct.  Personally I'd like to see this tuneable down to 20-30
seconds (at lowest).  It would be nice to have a more precise notify level.
I also think that if servers find this load burdensome than they should
either add code to disconnect users who do this or add WATCH support, both
of which are fairly trivial things to do.

> I wouldn't have any problem with allow more than +-60 second precision.
>
> Regards,
> Edward.
-wd
--
chip norkus; unix geek and programmer;          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"question = (to) ? be : !be;" --Shakespeare     http://telekinesis.org/