I'm in agreement with Jeremy's original proposal.  If you have an
open /query, /exec -o should most definitely be going there; not
doing so is unintuitive, despite "years of common IRC practise".

And before someone proposes it: I also strongly object to a /set
variable to define the behaviour of /exec -o with an open /query.  Not
that my word rules above anyone elses, but such a toggleable defeats
my entire argument.

Changing this in EPIC5 would be OK, but (if you're still working on
it) for EPIC4, leave the old behaviour.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |