Seems strtoimax() is missing on Solaris.  Is GNU autoconf
picking this up correctly?  It doesn't seem so.  Either
that or the "craziness" in include/irc_std.h and include/ircaux.h
are still using strtoimax() regardless.

System information:

  SunOS XXX 5.9 Generic_117172-08 i86pc i386 i86pc
  gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
  GNU ld version 2.13

Link error:

gcc -g -O  -o epic5 alias.o alist.o array.o clock.o commands.o compat.o crypt.o
ctcp.o dcc.o debug.o exec.o files.o flood.o functions.o gailib.o glob.o hook.o
if.o ignore.o input.o irc.o ircaux.o ircsig.o keys.o lastlog.o levels.o list.o
log.o logfiles.o mail.o names.o network.o newio.o notify.o numbers.o output.o
parse.o queue.o reg.o screen.o sdbm.o server.o ssl.o status.o term.o timer.o
translat.o vars.o who.o window.o words.o    info.o -lcurses -L/usr/ccs/lib
-lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lcrypt -lm
strtoimax                           alias.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to epic5

Other information:

bash-2.03$  grep -i strtoimax include/defs.h*
include/defs.h:/* Define this if you have a strtoimax() */
include/defs.h:/* #undef HAVE_STRTOIMAX */
include/defs.h.in:/* Define this if you have a strtoimax() */
include/defs.h.in:#undef HAVE_STRTOIMAX

config.log details:

configure:4528: checking for intmax_t in inttypes.h or stdint.h
configure:4543: stdint.h: No such file or directory
configure:4561: checking for strtoimax
configure:4589: gcc -o conftest -g -O   conftest.c -lcurses -L/usr/ccs/lib
-lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lcrypt -lm 1>&5
strtoimax                           /var/tmp/cc7vkkII.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 4566 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char strtoimax(); below.  */
#include <assert.h>
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char strtoimax();

int main() {

/* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
    to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
    something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
#if defined (__stub_strtoimax) || defined (__stub___strtoimax)
choke me
#else
strtoimax();
#endif

; return 0; }

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |