I've just received a pr about the FreeBSD port of Epic5-0.2.0.  The
port allows you do define WITH_PERL which compiles Epic5 with perl
support.  Specifying this option causes the build to fail.

In file included
from /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach/CORE/perl.h:4711,
                 from ./perl.c:42:
/usr/include/libutil.h:83: error: conflicting types
for 'humanize_number'
./../include/compat.h:65: error: previous declaration
of 'humanize_number' was here
/usr/include/libutil.h:83: error: conflicting types
for 'humanize_number'
./../include/compat.h:65: error: previous declaration
of 'humanize_number' was here

The author of the PR has provided a patch that the ports system
applies to allow epic to build successfully.

Basically it's wrapping one function in a ifndef.

Should I have the fix to the port committed or do you want to apply it
at your level?

The pr and patch are available at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/103790

--