* Jeremy Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-12-06 11:37:09 -0600]:
Hi,
|>As most of us know, the epic community isn't as big or as active as it used
|>to be in years past.  I'm uncertain whether there is a sufficient base of
|>testers out there to take a vote on epic5-0.9.0.  I would be appreciative
|>if anyone who has tried epic5-0.9.0 would drop me a line and let me know so
|>I can size up how much testing it is getting.

There is some interesting problems IIRC as of about 2 months ago regarding
perl support on 5.10.0 that i did not have with 5.8.0 the current autohell
tool breaks on dragonfly(pkgsrc) and openbsd(ports) when perl 5.10.0
is installed, Also gets mangled when configuring on perl6 at least on
solaris, I highly doubt epic5 supports perl6 anyways, both cases it will
configure and start the compile and break when trying to link the libs when
its *almost* done compiling, I have yet to find the time nor looked at the
current autoconf system on where the issue might be, Perhaps perl support
should be disabled per default, until it can be tested on various versions
of perl that is out there, the last time i successfully had it working was
some time ago on perl 5.8.x and possibly 5.9.x?? I'll send you an e-mail
later on today or tomorrow, with the config.log and error messages and or
feel free to message me on IRC. I'll add a temp account if you wish to test
and or fix yourself which would probably be quicker due to being swamped
with other projects/work as is.

Sorry for the delay.

//zak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
--
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
     stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."