On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Jeremy Nelson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've released epic5-0.9.0 which is a stable candidate beta release for maybe
> what will become epic5-1.0.  There has been a steady increase in people saying
> that the only thing that stops them from using epic5 is that we won't call it
> a production release, even though it always pretty much has been.  So to make
> everybody happy, everyone seemed to be of one accord that we should just
> release what we have as production and then continue on with things.

Zak's mail reminded me that I haven't done this...

For anyone using my Ubuntu/Debian packages for epic5, I've updated my
packages to 0.9.0. Currently only the i386 package is there as the guy
who builds the amd64 package has not woken up to build it yet. :)

Since I think I've only promoted this in #amnesiac, here's the place
to get information about my apt repo:

http://tinyurl.com/67jcnn
(http://darkstar.frop.org/~zwhite/blog/tech/20080519-debian-packages-for-epic5-and-amn.html)

The package uses the standard /etc/alternatives system for picking a
script to load on startup, and should otherwise fit very well into a
debian-like system. I haven't done much testing with 0.9.0, but it
installs and I can get on EFnet, so it seems ready to release to me.
:)

-skullY