At 04:26 PM 1/22/99 -0500, Dan Steinverg wrote:
>"Richard J. Sexton" wrote:
>> At 10:13 AM 1/22/99 +0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
>>
>> >If one takes the view that one must only send what everyone is assured of
>> >being able to process, then we will never have any upgrades.  No MIME.  No
>> >HTML.  No non-ASCII character sets.  Etc.
>>
>> Go post HTML to the IETF list and see what happens if
>> you really believe this crock.
>
>I believe this, and I don't think I have to join another list to prove
>it.
>Richard, if you can't handle HTML and can't figure out a way around
>it, I'll write you a filter (at my normal billing rate <g>).

Show me a mailing list where postng in only HTML is accepted and I'll believe you.

Find me even 1% of all interent mailing lists that you won't get yelled
at for posting HTML *as well* and I'l believe you.

--
"That's why there is a Protocol SO.  To decide what the next
number after 16 is." - Dixon (tinc)