Hi

I do not cease to object (in part:) to the REBOL creator.

Carl wrote:
"Note that using MAKE like this is really not necessary.
"REBOL strings automatically grow in size.  That
"is, you can create a string of size 1, then add 99 chars to it
"w/o a problem.  The MAKE is only used for efficiency, when you
"know the length of the string you want.

According my experience with Rebol and sockets, it's a need a allocate a
buffer for read-io.
Of course that does not make the above saying wrong, but shows, that
sometimes you have to provide enough memory.

Regards
AR

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net