Hello,
On 30-Nov-99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>>    2. y: make string! 100   creates a string of length 0... why?
>>>            rebol dictionary entry implies 100 would be length or
>>>            value...
>>
>> IMHO, it's a big fat bug. The same happens with blocks BTW. I just
>> reported both as a bug.
>
> I think "make string! 100" should create an empty string with the
> space to hold 100 characters.

IMHO "make string! 100" should create a string of value "100" (or am I
thinking of to-string?), just like "make integer! 100" (or to-integer 100)
makes an interger of value 100.  If you want a function to create an empty
string with the space to hold 100 characters, perhaps a new function or
refinement could do that.

Elliott