Hi Rebols,

I am trying to connect to a server, this works so far ...

 p: open tcp://localhost:10009 ; open port
 read-io p ServerHello 10      ; read hello from Server
 p/state/with: "^J"            ; set the line endings
 insert p "MyCommand^/"        ; send my command
 close p                       ; close port, so the server
                               ; reads my commands

But now I need to reconnect, to read the servers answer,
but the server opens a new connection, and I don't get the
data.

Also, what would I do to make it a protocol?

open-check seems not to be read with read-io ... where
do I set p/state/with, and then the problem with closing
and reconnect ...

Thanks in advance for any help

Ingo

ingo@)|_ /|  _| _  <We ARE all ONE   www._|_o _   _ ._ _