[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
what if I needed to get access to the older style mail telnet programs.  Where currently using dos or windows... I do the following: telnet://aztec2.asu.edulogin: usernamepassword: letmeinq CRmail CR At this point I am asked to enter in the number of the message that I am interested in. followed by CRif the message is more than one page to continue I press space bar,for the next message it'sn CR Is any one familiar with this type of mail protocol?

yeah.
its not a protocol.
its the older *nix style POP-client that
pine (mostly) replaced

let me know if you want the unix man page.
I can give you linux, solaris or BSD version.
But I don't want to send it to the entire list