> >The simple solution is usually the best, and most correct one.  When
> >Rebol/Command comes out, and you can access deeper functionality using
>
>     Well, that's what I'm wondering about. I can definitely run
> Rebol/Core on the site I'm working on, but I don't know what the
> requirements for installing Rebol/Command are and I'm pretty sure my
> hosting provider won't install the Rebol/Apache module when it comes out.
>     Incidentally, does anyone know what new capabilities the Rebol/Apache
> module provides? Is it like PHP where you can embed arbitrary chunks of
> Rebol code in HTML? Or is it just something that speeds up Rebol CGI
> execution?

Both of them. In real, REBOL Apache module is very nicely configurable. I've
heard gurus :-) speaking of
much more deep configurability than e.g. PHP. You can install your own handlers,
it's just REBOL code, right?
So, you can insert code to be processed by SSI handler, and you can run directly
.r files - that's the benefit, as
REBOL/Apache module is preloaded, and that means it doesn't need to start rebol
to execute the script ....

> >Rebol - then will be the time to give it a whirl to provide dynamic web
> >pages with a database back-end.  Remember, just because you can do
> >something doesn't mean you should.
>
>     You know, for now, I'd be happy with some simple and robust ways to
> synchronize multiple active Rebol CGI processes and a really simple
> flat-file database. This sort of thing should be possible in Core.

I would like to see an ordinary xBase databases (.dbf). They are simple and
editable in many external environments. They are
powerfull enough even for tens of thousands of records ....

Regards,

-pekr-