IE rocks! :-)
It can get worse. Developing a website with a custom page visit logger sometime last year I found .htc files being the most requested 'page' on that site. After a lot of guessing I happened to check the Apache logs on my development server and saw IE looking for the thing all over the place. So called 'SEO friendly URLs' apparently made IE (only) think it was in a different folder, and it went requesting the .htc fom the non-existent folder it derived from the URL.
Solution: use absolute URLs or redirect with mod_rewrite...

djn

Geoff Pack wrote:
But this does:

        img {
                background:url(background.jpg);
                behavior:url(styles/pngbehavior.htc);
        }

With the obvious consequences. Why did they do this?

--
Dejan Kozina
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy