I have a brushless Etek but I haven't spun it up yet.  I am still a n00b
on these things but from the controller research I have done it seems to

But aren't we all? It's not like you see electric motorcycles scooting all over the place.

Maybe I should rephrase... I haven'l blown up a motor or controller or anything yet....

On a lighter subject.  What 'big ticket' EV items have you guys blown up?

Here's my list that I can remember off the top of my head:
Artisian DC/DC Converter (they had the pins mis-labeled in the instructions)
One controller
One motor
Four battery chargers

Mike