http://suneva.org/SUNEVALOGO.jpg

Thanks to all that came out to our September meeting at Black Bay.  We saw a
few new faces and were glad new people could make it.

The main focus of the meeting was the DEICING of the jetta that is the
latest club project.  Glad to report the engine, exhaust, and gas tank are
now out!  The engine.s days of spewing exhaust is over.

The secondary mission was to determine how bad the 1981 mercury linx was.
We applied electric to the motor and were not surprised to see it not turn.
We were able to have it in gear and turn the wheels but the motor could not
turn when electric was applied to it.  Not sure if we didnt apply enough
voltage to it or not.  The next meeting we will take the motor out of the
linx and dismantle it to complete the testing.

Now the best news yet...  the launch of SUNEVA.ORG is complete!  go ahead
and put SUNEVA.ORG into your web browser and give it a whirl.  The site
already has the pictures from the meeting plus pictures of Bob Macdonald's
S-10 in Weirsdale, FL.  This truck was converted by Ken Watkins in Orlando,
a very nice job!

The site has a forum for discussion amongst the club and any others who find
our site.  Not only can we discuss events happening here but give technical
advice to any who ask. The links page will include every EV link I can
find.  Hopefully the other clubs will link back to our site.  I have also
put in a WIKI that we can complete as a club to guide others in converting
cars to electric or advising them about the current EVs that are in concept
car stage.  Even a background into the EV1 and other EVs that were built by
the big car manufacturers then terminated due to "lack of interest"

I'd like to invite anyone who can make it next saturday to go to the FLEAA
meeting in boca raton.   havent been to one yet and figure its time I go.
Anyone else that would like to go, let me know and we see how many people we
can fit in my car and if others can drive down as well.

-Michael Jay Clark
President, Suncoast Electric Vehicle Association
SUNEVA.org