Hi All,

I have been playing with some code from
http://www.hezser.de/blog/Lists/Beitraege/Post.aspx?ID=38 where the web
controls RichTextField and RichHtmlField are used - I am hoping I will
be able to hijack one of these controls and use it on a "create email"
layout page for a feature I am writing, though at the moment, I would be
happy if I could just get one of the bloody things to render!!

Please see the cs file attached - it is a webpart that should process
the fields in the default view of a specified list, and render out their
associated web control in both Display and Edit mode.  It crashes with
the dreaded "unexpected error" at the moment, but when I comment out the
bit about adding the control in Edit mode, it works fine.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Also, any advice on being able to use the RichTextField control in our
own web pages, and for things other then updating SPField values in
lists???

Cheers,

Nigel Witherdin
SharePoint Technical Lead