From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Andrew Haughan
Sent: Wed 26/11/2008 5:48 PM
To: listserver@ozmoss.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] Search scopes and PDF documents

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had come across the following problem and could point
me in the right direction to a solution.

I have installed the FoxIT PDF iFilter to index PDF documents which seems to be
working fine. I then created a search scope which limits items to a particular
content type via a property query. The PDF files are uploaded to the document
library as this content type and then a full crawl is performed.  The problem
is that none of the PDF files appear in the search results for the scope.  It
appears that the search scope is not including any PDF files as when you create
and update the scope the number of items in the scope is less than it should be
(i.e. not including the PDF files).  If I do a search via the entire site it
finds the PDF files without fuss.  This means that the indexing is working
correctly and so it must be something to do with the search scope.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew Haughan
ICT Services
Brisbane Catholic Education
243 Gladstone Rd
Dutton Park Qld 4102
Phone: +61 (0)7 3033 7500
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the BCEC
Security Gateway, and is believed to be clean. Brisbane Catholic Education
however gives no warranties that this e-mail is free from computer viruses or
other defects. Except for responsibilities implied by law that cannot be
excluded, Brisbane Catholic Education, its employees and agents will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or consequence arising from this e-mail.