2008/12/3  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Author: jhuntwork
> Date: 2008-12-03 05:50:06 -0700 (Wed, 03 Dec 2008)
> New Revision: 2167
> Log:
> Up to seamonkey in the build, commands made compatible with current BLFS

If my old notes still hold true, Xorg upgrade broke the driver
autoconfiguration from udev rules. We should either drop it (and have
the same bugs as upstream, i.e., using the "ati" driver for new (even
totally unsupported) cards made by ATI (unless this got fixed
upstream).

> Packages removed because they are neither a part of BLFS or referenced by
> BLFS:
> * JFSutils
> * synaptics
> * inputattach

OK

> * fonts-thai

The book specifically says "The list above will not provide complete
Unicode coverage. For more information, please visit the Unicode Font
Guide." Thai fonts are in that guide. While I have no idea how to
handle such borderline cases (the book giving accurate general
instructions and sending the reader to more authoritative sources), we
have to set a policy here.

If we stick to "only fonts listed in the book", then we essentially
require the book to copy the whole Unicode Font Guide, which is bad.

If we accept Thai fonts, then, well, we accept a package not in the book.

> * lftp

OK, although I will file a bug into BLFS.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov