With the reactivation of the livecd project agreed on the question of
putting it together fully multilib for the 64 bit support comes to mind.

It already includes a 64 bit kernel, and can be used to build 64 bit.
But since 64 bit is becoming more of a common hardware to be working
with, and soon will be he defacto default build, do we want to put the
effort in to making the cd a multilib environment?

We will need the 32 bit support for a while, it isn't going away any
time soon. Some commonly used proprietary apps [ skype being one example
] are only 32 bit.

Since I have both 32 bit and 64 bit hardware myself, I've been looking
at the CLFS book and running a build on one 64 bit system. I was hit
with the bootstrap the build environment to get past first pass in
chapter 5 because the build environment was only 32 bit. It was easier
to get and install a 64 bit distro than to bootstrap the build and move
the book etc into the minimal build environment as well as build the
networking, browser, mail, irc tools to be able to get support when needed.

I think ensuring that the livecd will allow for the 64 bit build by
going multilib is a good idea. it will make the 64 bit build easier.

it would increase the size of the iso to about 550 MB instead of the
current 450 MB [ with book and sources included. ] so the space issue
isn't a show stopper due to media limits.

which also reminds me, do we want to include support for it to be a live
usb disk as well?

a bootable thumb drive of it may be a better form factor than a bootable
cd in the long run.

Jaqui