I frequently find myself realising that a given phrase (say, 8 or 16 bars)
is actually a repeated element, and I want to make it a beat/bassline. I
can copy and paste the notes easily enough, that's not a problem.

Is there an easy way to move the instrument settings - all the settings and
its effects and their settings - from the main window to the beat/bassline
window?

(If not, there should be! What should the feature look like?)

- d.