A vote took place for the splash screen.  We took the logo from that and
adapted it to our colors.  That is can be considered official until the
topic comes around again and new branding is desired (hopefully remaining
as-is for some significant time, as the current logo underwent a lot of
community feedback, color combinations, contrast/brightness/desktop proof
of concepts/splash combos prior to reaching overall approval and that work
would all have to happen again with a new logo (much of which I was a part
of so I'd rather keep it and focus on bettering the software).

The name discussions never had enough traction to get a good name
recommendation that stuck.  Its safe to assume "LMMS" is here to stay,
although a good enough name proposal could certainly have the power to
change that (and could help with the purchase of a domain name).

So yes, proper voting happened for the logo, and the name never reached
enough good name candidates to even stir a vote.

I hope that helps answer your question.

All of this is archived on the mailing list but it would take some digging
to deliver the conversations in an organized fashion.  I hope our word is
enough for the time being.