On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM, andy sizemore <sizemore0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Blue Arp is a free arpeggiator/step-sequencer vst which looks pretty
> superb and which everybody seems to love; but I can't find anything online
> which helps me to get it working in conjunction with LMMS.

Using VSTs as stand-alone instrument (which receives MIDI events) works
well with LMMS.   In addition, using VSTs for stand-alone effects (which
receives and modifies audio output) also works really well with LMMS.

However what you are trying to achieve is quite different from these two
scenarios.  From what I can observe, you are trying to achieve
midi-generating, sequencer-like behavior out of a VST plugin which I'm not
sure LMMS plays well with.  Let me explain a bit more...

The Blue Arp seems to want to output to midi by default and even stranger,
if I put notes in the piano roll with Microsoft MIDI selected, it does play
a piano note, but not from the arpeggiator (assuming its used as a vestige
instrument track).

http://i.imgur.com/bLdeeEy.png

Who on the list has experience routing MIDI?  Has anyone tried anything
like this before?

You may have hit a feature that we just don't yet play well with.  I'm
interested in hearing feedback from other users in this regard.