Ehm, if you came to the conclusion that I run the wiki, it is partially
true. I, Uros and musikBear have written the last bits in the wiki, but
neither of us can make you a wiki account. It is Lucas W who holds this
power. Shall I ask him or do you want to ask him yourself? You just need to
give him your email and an username, I think. Everyone who wants gets one!

You say you want to translate, then you don't have to fix any image links,
cause you will be translating the newly written English pages about LMMS
1.0 and later. http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/1.0:Manual You
can of course use the old Italian manual as help,
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/It:0.4:Manuale but it is the
English pages you shall use as base.

No one has translated any new pages, or anything, the last years, so some
of these steps are outdated
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Translating_an_Article . The way
I would done it *for articles with version numbers*:

1. After you have signed in, go to the page you want to translate.
2. Look for the "duplicate this page" option in the sidebar to the left,
usually the last option. Click on it
3. Follow the normal naming convention described in the "Translating an
Article" -article. Also see the attached picture. For example: *1.0:Manual*
becomes *It:1.0:Manuale*.
4. Remember to mark the "duplicate full page history" option, or else the
authors of the article don't get proper credit.
then paste it in the Italian one. This is because the duplicate function
sometimes copy old articles (like 0.3) instead of the newest version. It is
basically a bug in the function.
6. Translate!

As you then will see, the images are not broken anymore so you don't have
to change the links of those. You do, however have to change every link in
the article to *It:1.0:Italian_Name*, or else when you click a link, you
won't be brought to the Italian page. It could be time saving to change all
the links the one time you translate the article, but it could also be
annoying for the users when they click on the links and the article does
not yet exist in Italian.

For *articles with no version number*, you don't click the duplicate
button! You want to keep the current link, such as the main page
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/It:Pagina_principale and
duplicating is only for making new articles with new links. So the main
page you would have to update, or copy-paste the current main page and
translate everything.

LMMS 1.1.0 is coming up, and what is going to change in the wiki is the
article about the FX mixer and the overview of Instrument plugins. So
everything else is probably safe to translate, as in, you won't have to
update it in just a few weeks.

Just ask if you need help. I prefer that you also post to either the user
og devel mailing list, then everything we do is documented for the future
and the public.

--
Hilsen
Stian Jørgensrud